Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The purpose here is simple: to chronicle my thoughts, actions, plans, and goals in getting healthy in the year 2017. Feel free to look around and offer encouragement or suggestions.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week 2

So week 2 of 2011 is off to a wobbly start. Obviously I haven't been keeping up with my blog this week, so let me fill you in.

I didn't work out at all over the weekend. I just couldn't muster the motivation. If I'm completely honest(which I intend to be or what's the point?), I fell into a mild complacency when I weighed myself and got a pleasantly surprising number. It allowed me to tell myself that it was alright to slide on my workouts because I had exceeded my goals for the week. This was a faulty argument, as I didn't weigh myself at the beginning of the week and so had no concrete measurements for my weight loss. But since I really didn't WANT to work out even a faulty argument was compelling.

I gave in to my incessant craving for cheese pizza, which wouldn't be so bad if I managed my portions like I know I should. But alas, I did not. I'm munching on a piece right now as I type. This is the last of it, though, so now the diet offender is gone and the craving has been satisfied. I think all I really wanted was the tomato sauce. And the cheese. Ok, no I wanted the whole pizza. As I said, the craving has been satisfied and I feel much better now. Now if only I could shake this need for a blueberry cake doughnut...

I did not go to the gym today, but only because the roads were icy. I actually contemplated going anyway until my car slid a little in a patch of ice. That effectively terminated any considerations of driving more than was strictly necessary. Both my car and I are okay, by the way.

Other than the previously mentioned violations I've stuck to my plan fairly well this week. I successfully completed my scheduled veggie day this week. I've been drinking my water faithfully. I worked out on Monday and actually exerted a little effort. Aside from the pizza pig-out I really haven't eaten much this week. I'm going through one of my non-eating phases. Maybe it will balance out the non-workout phase.

On that subject, I can see that I am really going to need to figure out something that will inject a little variety into my routine until April. I'm going to get really sick of seeing the gym every day. Maybe I should investigate the circuit training they have set up. I did it a little when I first signed up but didn't keep it up because there was very little to distract me from the fact that I'm working out. But it may be just what I need to distract me from the elliptical.

At least a week gives you seven days to get your act together. If only I hadn't blown four of them, right? But then again, the day's not over yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment