Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The purpose here is simple: to chronicle my thoughts, actions, plans, and goals in getting healthy in the year 2017. Feel free to look around and offer encouragement or suggestions.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Good Bye Week One

I went to the gym this morning under extreme protest. I'm glad I ended up going because I feel like I've accomplished something by going to the gym for 5 days in a row. I came really really close to just going home to bed this morning but my work friend, Shaleka, told me to keep up the momentum and just keep driving until I got to the gym. It was what I needed to hear. Thanks Shaleka. I can't say I worked very hard, but I went for my 30 minutes and kept my promise to myself. That's what's really important to me in this first week.

The first week in January is coming to a close. I think I did pretty well. I drank all my water. I went to the gym every day(excluding days I was traveling). I stuck to my meal plan, mostly, only slipping up on Sunday, but I replaced that with a vegetarian Tuesday. I only ate out 3 times, and only had 2 sodas. So far so good. I weigh myself for the first time tomorrow. I'm simultaneously nervous and excited about it.

I hate scales, as much for the number I see on them as for my own obsession with the number displayed on them. I could easily get addicted to weighing, which is why I have vowed not to step on my scale but once a week. I've already broken my vow, but like I said Saturday is my reset. Next week I'll try to control myself. But, you say, isn't weighing a good thing? Not when I begin obsessing over how quickly the number is going up or down or not. It isn't healthy when that obsessing begins effecting what I eat or don't in an unhealthy way. I've been down this path before and it gets ugly. Fast. So for my own sanity, once a week is all I'll allow myself, if I can stay that strong.  I don't believe for a second that I won't cave about mid-week, but c'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment