Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The purpose here is simple: to chronicle my thoughts, actions, plans, and goals in getting healthy in the year 2017. Feel free to look around and offer encouragement or suggestions.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January in Summary

Before I get to my final summation of my first month "living healthy" I want to review a little of what's been happening lately. I went to my friend's baby shower this weekend in South Carolina. I roughly stuck to my diet and got plenty of flack for it. It came from a place of love, I know, but it was the first time I felt like I needed to defend my decision. Even though I know I'm doing it for all the right reasons, and I know why I've chosen to alter my diet the way I have, my friend made it seem silly and unnecessary. In the end I stuck to my guns...and my diet...kind of. I kept to my fish day and my vegetarian day on Friday and Sunday respectively. On Saturday, the day of the shower, I pretty much grazed all day. I did not maintain my soda constrictions. I have a friend staying with me this week so I'll likely go over my allowance of meals out as well, being I've already used them all while travelling. I suppose travelling allows for special rules, but I'm home now and that just feels like an excuse. I haven't been to the gym since Thursday. I meant to get a work out in before hitting the road on Friday, but ended up running all day and never got to it. I didn't work out at my friend's place although I'm sure I could have squeezed in a good walk or two. I didn't even have the excuse that it was cold. On the way back Sunday I started feeling less than wonderful and yesterday I felt downright awful. I had intentions to go to the gym yesterday after running a few errands, but started feeling nauseous before I even got close and just finished my errands and went home. Today, though, aside from a nagging headache, I feel worlds better. I fully intend to get in a good workout before I lay down to sleep before work today. I have catching up to do.

Now, a review of January. I entered 2011 at a weight of 315. I weighed this morning and I am entering February at a weight of 300.8 pounds. The 15 pound loss is well within my goals to lose 10 pounds a month. Although I am, of course, happy with my progress, I really don't think I put as much effort into my weight loss as I could have. While I've established a habit of working out more days than not, I don't always put as much effort into it as I know I should. I'm also concerned about this plateau I seem to have hit. I've been hovering around the 300 mark for the past three weeks, so I believe I've been doing more fluctuation than I have honest weight loss. I also have had several "special occasions" this month that have caused me to slip a little in my eating. On the other hand, I have noticed a difference in the hollow of my neck. This morning I caught a glimpse of clavicle, which I have noticed is the first sign of slimming in myself. My mother said she saw a difference in my face. While I would love to see more weekly progress, I have no intention abandoning my plan. In fact, I'm going to be even more vigilant about really sticking to it the way I originally meant to.

No comments:

Post a Comment