Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The purpose here is simple: to chronicle my thoughts, actions, plans, and goals in getting healthy in the year 2017. Feel free to look around and offer encouragement or suggestions.

Friday, December 31, 2010

"Hunger is insolent"

People assume that since I'm fat I must be stuffing my face all the time. The truth is just the opposite. Most people I've spoken to feel hungry at least every 5 hours or so, if not more frequently. I've recently been keeping a food journal in which I record when I eat, when I'm hungry, when I feel queesy, and when I visit the gym. I only feel the sensation of hunger three or four times a week. Don't get me wrong, I eat when I'm not hungry, but only because I feel like I should. And before you say "well of course you aren't hungry, you're always eating," you should also know I have gone as many as 14 hours between meals without so much as a tummy rumble. I'm coming to realize that this is not normal. It also may be contributing to my heftiness. Metabolism hasn`t quite figured out the 21st century yet, so when you don`t eat it assumes you are starving and goes into preservation mode, especially if you are less than active. Boosting my metabolism and eating regularly need to be priorities. Darned if I know how.

1 comment:

  1. Hola Chick!

    I'm so proud of you for starting. To help boost your metabolism, try not to go more than 4hrs between munches... whether it be snacking or a meal.

    -Te

    ReplyDelete