Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The purpose here is simple: to chronicle my thoughts, actions, plans, and goals in getting healthy in the year 2017. Feel free to look around and offer encouragement or suggestions.

Monday, December 20, 2010

A fat chick walks into a bar...

...and the power goes out! Don't get the joke? That's because it isn't one. About thirty seconds after I sign in at the gym the power totally shuts down. I was tempted to turn around and leave right then, but I'm trying to be better, so I decided to try to stick it out. I tried to fill my water bottle, but the water fountain is connected to the power so it didn't work. The locker room was pitch black, but I felt my way to an empty locker and stowed my sweatshirt anyway. I got on a self charging machine, set it for my regular hour, and got going with no water and no music. Now I need to explain at this point that I really hate working out. I detest it to the bottom of my soul so with nothing to distract me from the fact that I'm working out I'm pretty much in hell. To try to keep myself engaged I tried out a new program. I lasted 15 minutes. I do have to say that the new program worked me harder in that 15 minutes than what I usually do does in an hour, so I may keep it. I can't tell you which was worst, though, the persistent cramp in my right buttocks, the lack of any kind of stimulation, or the sound of my own ragged breathing breaking through the near silence. I decided I'd rather just return later when I have plenty of distractions to keep me occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment