Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The purpose here is simple: to chronicle my thoughts, actions, plans, and goals in getting healthy in the year 2017. Feel free to look around and offer encouragement or suggestions.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Crash, No Burn

So unless stress, fear and general anxiety burn calories, I've had a pretty crappy morning on the weight loss front. I had plans, big plans, to fight all my urges to go to bed and work out for a full hour anyway. I was on my way to the gym when all my plans came crashing down. This was in large part due to the fact that I went crashing into another driver.

This is the first crash I've ever been in where I'm at fault. It felt horrible and I hope never to repeat it. Ever. The road I was traveling on ran due east, straight into the rising sun. I was coming up on a stoplight and was pretty much so focused on trying to figure out if the light was red or not. I only realized it was red because I realized the car in front of me was no longer moving forward. I hit my brakes and tried to turn, but discovered turning doesn't work so well when you're skidding more than stopping. I ended up rear ending him with all the force of a vindictive bumper car. In the end I was okay, he was okay, and the cars were barely damaged, at least as far as I could tell. The worst damage I suffered was shaking for 15 minutes and possibly running another red light on my way home(I'm really not sure). After I stopped shaking I cried. After I stopped crying I called my insurance agent. After I got off the phone with him I was just plain tired of dealing, so I decided to write about it, hoping it will relieve some of whatever this is that I'm feeling. I keep alternating between totally wired and completely drained so I'm not sure what I'm doing next. I can tell you one thing, though.

Whatever I choose to do next will not be in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment