Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The purpose here is simple: to chronicle my thoughts, actions, plans, and goals in getting healthy in the year 2017. Feel free to look around and offer encouragement or suggestions.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

The Clothing Conundrum

Do you all remember being a kid at Christmas and one of your relatives that you never see got you some piece of clothing that was WAY too big with the promise that "you'll grow into it"? And you did grow into it and you came to love it, or like it enough to include it in your normal rotation at least. Then little by little those clothes got tighter and tighter until one day you had to admit you grew right back out of that thing you loved.  Giving it up was hard becaise it was dear, or at the very least familiar.

This is happening to me in reverse.

I have more clothes than any one woman can feasibly argue is necessary. Some of them I should have parted with a long time ago, but I have a sentimental streak and hate letting go of things with memories attached. Most of my clothes, however, are relatively newish and had gotten a little snug by the time I started this study. Now that I'm seven months in and more than fifty pounds down I find that I have shrunk into my clothing. More importantly, I am beginning to shrink my way out of them again. My pants have literally been falling off my body. I am in desperate need of a belt. A sweatshirt or two is practically a balloon on me. As it turns out, I may soon need all of those clothes that became too small a long time ago.

Here is the conundrum. How loose is too loose? Because I have to pretend to be somewhat professional in the workplace. And I can't afford to restock my wardrobe every six months and fifty pounds. Even my stretchy pants are baggy at this point so stretchy pants aren't promising to be much of a solution. At what point is my wardrobe a lost cause? Not that I'm not looking forward to bidding my fat girl clothes farewell, but I need to find a solution to stay decent in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Buy one pair of pants or one top out of every paycheck until you have just enough to make it for a work week.
    Try let go or another app to sell your old clothes that you don't care about or send them to us.
    The clothes that have sentimental value should go into a box for a while.
    I'm very proud of you big or small, but this is a very difficult thing you are accomplishing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete